Yesterday at church our pastor shared a simple, but awesome story with us...
A little boy made a toy boat and would play with it outside everytime that it rained. One day he lost it. A couple of weeks later he was walking by a pawn shop and he saw his boat in the window. He went into the store and took his boat. The owner asked what he was doing and he said that was his boat and he wanted to take it home. The owner explained to him that he would have to pay for it so he went home and told his parents. They went and bought the boat back for him. He was so happy that he held his boat and said to it:
I made you
You were lost
I found you
I bought you back
I will never let you go
This is exactly what Jesus feels about us. God made us hoping that we would live for him, but sometimes we get lost along the way. Still no matter where we are and how messed up we are he still wants us! Some people come into our lives to help us find our way. Jesus bought us back by dying on the cross for us and once we are trusting in him, he will never let us go!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great story
Post a Comment